We are hiring: Operations & Marketing Assistant (Part or Full time)
An opportunity for you to help save our planet!
New Dawn Organic Skin and Hair Care is a family-run small business based in Fishguard, Pembrokeshire. Born out of a mothers mission to offer family bathroom products that are friendly on the skin and friendly on the planet, co-founder Dawn Nelmes has grown the business from a team of 1 to 4. In that time, the product range has expanded from soaps and shampoos to creams and deodorants that are sold all over the world.
Founded in October 2003, our purpose is to help people ‘feel good in their skin’ and to promote organic farming and sustainable living.
We sell retail online through Etsy, Amazon, Ebay and our own website. We also sell wholesale to local Guest Accommodation owners.
We are now looking for an Operations & Marketing Assistant to join us full or part-time.
Check out the job description below and send your CV and Cover Letter/Video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share with your friends and colleagues if you think they might be interested.
JOB TITLE: Marketing & Operations Assistant
You will be an integral part of the day-to-day running of New Dawn involving order processing and making of Soaps, Shampoo, Conditioner and Creams using the best organic ingredients including 8 different essential oils.
This role will also place you at the heart of our marketing campaigns. Your responsibility will be to work directly with Aled, our marketing manager to design and deliver SEO, Email Marketing and Social Media strategies; achieving the targets set out by Aled.
- A knowledge and passion for sustainable living and organic produce
- Computer skills with a knowledge of MS Office/Google Drive
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Some experience in marketing and social media with a track record in both
- Adaptability – campaigns can pivot and change quickly
- Time planning – you are able to work across multiple campaigns
Desirable (two or more of the following):
- Experience of working in a production environment with demanding deadlines.
- Practical skills requiring dexterity.
- Social media marketing – Facebook, Instagram
- Copywriting – Blogs and website
- Digital design: Canva or similar
- Email marketing experience
- Experience using Shopify CMS
- Experience in selling on online platforms e.g. Etsy, Amazon, Ebay
- Basic understanding of what SEO is and how it works
What you will gain:
- The opportunity to progress onto a trainee manager position
- An in-depth understanding of how a small manufacturing business operates and grows
- The ability to design and deliver a digital marketing strategy
- A more in-depth understanding of SEO
- Extensive experience in delivering advertising campaigns across digital channels
Interviews will take place online Friday 19th August.
Location of placement - New Dawn, Fishguard.
Start date - ASAP
- Full or Part time
- 16-36 hours per week
- £10 per hour
Benefits for full-time (pro rata for part-time)
- 30 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- £60 well-being package every month – We believe in prioritizing the mental well-being of our staff. This package will be designed during your first week and could include: gym membership, spa breaks, massage therapy, travel etc.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Thursday 18th August